Thursday, May 1, 2014

Logical.........

I hope it was a good dream, especially if you're going to hear about it forever!!

My project of the day was to plant three elderberry bushes and then to plant about 60 sprouted potatoes.  Now I am inside, settling in with my granddaughter because the baby seems to be coming down with something, and her mama went to a work meeting.

I started writing this a few hours ago, then the babe woke up.  She's definitely teething...

This genetic mutation information  is all affecting me in an unusual way. I just finished a nutrition course and have been reading about the effects of foods on disease. I have been reading up on the effects of vitamins and minerals and which seem to be necessary to avoid specific diseases. I have been researching which foods are sources of which minerals, and which vitamins.

It's interesting, but totally logical. It's like I'm using logic to distance myself from the emotions involved with a cancer scare.

It's difficult to abruptly change diets, so I'm doing what I can and planting the foods I want to incorporate in my regular diet in my garden. I'm trying to be organic, local - as local as possible, and seasonal.  I want to produce as much on my own as possible.

It's mind-consuming.

Do I think Mom was traumatized by her own cancer?  Maybe, even though she is an absolute survivor.  Do I think she was traumatized by her younger sister's death? Absolutely.

I think I am still traumatized by Mom's breast cancer...

I love you...

Clare

(P.S. - Margaret also said not to worry...)





No comments:

Post a Comment