Wednesday, May 21, 2014

And the lesson is.......

Hey Maggie,

I watched the TED talk you posted.  She  teaches that within every adversity is the seed of equal or greater opportunity.   And that we should ask our adversities:  What are you here to teach me?  What struck me was her statement that adversity is a gift wrapped in ugly paper.

And, your Reiki healer's admonishment to work on forgiveness stays with me  still.  So when the speaker said her issues of healing were self-love, forgiveness and resistance to joy,  I "heard" her.  Forgiveness is still calling me into it's tender arms, to linger, to experience, to understand.  Then, perhaps, I will feel the joy.

So, my  sister, what is it that this cancer is teaching you?  And as you go though this whole process, what is it you are teaching those of us who love you?  The speaker said we teach what we need to learn.

How are your kids adjusting?  I have been holding your sons in the Light.

No chemo would be a gift. I understand the process, but it seems so harsh, so hard on the body.   Many of your recent posts have announced a bit more good luck.  I think you are learning the lessons well.

Today is a rainy day, so I haven't been out in the yard or the garden.  My lawn is a patchwork. I can only mow for short periods before it rains or I run out of time.  But today I feel exhausted, and so I am glad it is raining. It is the perfect excuse to sit still and relax.  This weekend will be the big gardening weekend - I hope!

I think it's time for bed.  I love you.  Sleep well.

Love from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment