Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Stepping into the flow

Your vultures have reinforced a message that I received today...let go and let life flow. Their effortlessly riding the currents should remind us of our need to step into the current and flow along the journey that the universe has for us.
I was challenged to do that today...and yet, I resist.
I am terrified of relinquishing my control, even though my version of control resembles chaos.
I somehow believe that if I fill every waking moment with purposeful work then I am in control...
the reality is that I am constantly distracted from hearing my inner voice...
failing to receive any inspiration that is coming my way.

As I reflect today I see many recent instances which have shown me the need to let go.

I struggle with my son's experimentations...and yet I am truly powerless. I can only shine a light, he has to choose the path he walks.

I struggle with our parents' decision to move and particularly with their breaking of promises to you and our siblings...they are unable to let go...to show true generosity and openness to their family...to be vulnerable even though the one thing that means anything to them should be their relationship with their children. They couldn't give their stuff away...but their real challenge is in their struggle of giving themselves to us in relationship. From my perspective, they cannot open themselves to relationship, truth, forgiveness, trust, and unconditional love.

I struggle with my marriage...allowing myself to open to that relationship.
I try...but my patterned response, learned behaviors, make me close down frequently.
I am so busy trying to protect myself...
again I stay busy, busy, busy...
avoiding true connection...
it's safer that way...
but courage and wholeheartedness are the key to happiness and contentment. I know this.

Why does all of this have to be so damned difficult? It sounds so easy...but it is really tough to consistently pull off.

So, with all of this...swirling in my head...I spent the day quietly...meditating...napping...reading.
I open myself to clear intent.
I open myself to that inspiration that will spark a passion and direction for me.
I rededicate myself to patiently waiting for the right opportunity to come into my life...
despite my intense desire to create something for myself...I am my own worst obstacle.

I will myself to release control...to step into the flow...the strong, center current...and see where my life goes.

Hold all of this in the Light,
Please.
Blessings,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment