Saturday, August 31, 2013

enjoy rather than want

Addictions...
interesting to have to identify seemingly innocuous substances and activities as addictions. Maybe the addictions have to be dealt with before there can be any openings.

I know my "go to" addictions...
busyness
control
chocolate
sugar (probably part of the chocolate issue)

I have been looking at my activities over the past several months...taking on big projects, allowing myself to get pulled out of my "disciplines"...daily yoga, meditation, and healthy eating. I did walk almost daily, but that was part of the busyness. I didn't use it to relax my mind. It was more a mission to manage my stress.

I need to recognize the gift that this summer has been and welcome the fall as well. I need to enjoy life rather than wanting more.

I am grateful for the opportunity to write, and develop those skills. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with people that I respect and enjoy being with. I just wanted a full time position. I guess I want to belong somewhere instead of dabbling in multiple places.

I am reading a book about thinking like Leonardo Da Vinci. I bought this book about 3 years ago and never read it. This week I remembered it and started to read...according to the author, there are 7 characteristics to that style of genius thinking. (Michael Gelb)

Curiosita- a quest for learning, insatiable curiosity
Dimostrazione- a willingness to learn from mistakes, and learn from experience
Sensazione- refinement of the senses, sharpening the senses
Sfumato- willingness to embrace ambiguity, paradox, and uncertainty
Arte/Scienza- a balanced understanding of science and art
Corporalita- physical and mental balance, grace, poise, fitness
Connessione- a recognition and appreciation of the interconnectedness of all things.

I love this idea...it is an opening of the mind, body and soul to experience and knowledge.

I am enjoying an interesting Saturday...My youngest had his first football game of the year. The team won, but he did not see much playing time. I came home and mowed the lawn. And now I can relax. I hope that you have a wonderful day.

Love and Light,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment