Friday, August 16, 2013

nothing exciting...

What is your go-to movie for tears?  Mine is The Color Purple.  At the end, when Ceili sees her sister for the first time, and starts to shake with joy, I lose it - every time.  I think about the lack of control we have over our lives.  We seem to be battered at the whim of others.  Of course, then we become batterers - but it's almost subconscious because we have been battered into submission.

And in the end, all we want is the freedom to make connections, to be loved and valued.

I was under the impression that B#2 left because S#5's husband was leaving for six months.  We need a better gossip transmission system in our family.

We are having a gorgeous late summer day.  Some of the leaves are blushing, just a tiny bit.  And the crickets are loud.  Bittersweet.  I love the slowness of August, but I know it means we are beginning to accelerate into autumn.  I have been doing lots of laundry, because I love the smell of clothes dried in the sunshine, especially sheets.  Sleeping on fresh sheets is one of the biggest pleasures in my life.

Not much going on here.  I'm tired and so I am not having many dreams or time to go outside and consider life.  My kids all seem content right now.

I suppose I should relax and enjoy this moment of life...and maybe take a nap!  I did start taking some vitamins.

Love to you and yours...Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment