Sunday, August 11, 2013

just a few more thoughts

Hi again,

Just rereading your last post and having some reactions to share...

I don't know if S#4 got her stuff.  Last I heard, her husband was supposed to work the weekend, and was trying to figure out a quick solution.  I am so outside the loop.  I may have a chance to talk to S#3 this evening.  She always knows more than I do.

Which made me react to your feeling of being locked outside of Pandora's Box.  I was already out, I think.  That was how you found me!  Isn't out where we want to be?  Inside is disease and pestilence and pain - and dark.

The thought that hit me was,  "And the truth shall set you free."

Which brings me back to lying by omission.  I do keep secrets so as not to hurt others.  But the secrets allow all of the intrigue...who do the parents love best?  And all of the gossip of who did what to whom?  By not exposing Mom's unequal treatment, I allow it to go on.  And why not - it benefits me.  Maybe the broken child needs these crumbs...

On the other hand, when someone confides in me, I can keep secrets, and it is appropriate.  Maybe we need a deeper, more loving way to view truth and honesty...

More love,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment