Monday, August 5, 2013

dog-less

And it is done.  My little dog passed early this afternoon.  It feels so empty now.  I have a house without a dog.  It was so emotional.  The past week, since she collapsed on Thursday has been so emotional.  And now the climax of tears and release, of relief.

I was outside, digging her grave alone, and felt like the whole world was going on.  People were enjoying this beautiful day, eating ice cream, jumping in the lake, talking to friends, and there was one old woman burying her dog.  Life goes on.  The surrender is complete.

I had so many thoughts while I was outside in the sunshine, digging.  Now I am sitting in front of the keyboard and no thoughts come to mind.

I was spacey at work, couldn't follow a train of conversation.  Had a really hard time writing reports.  And now I can not think clearly.  I know I need sleep.  The last days of keeping vigil have exhausted me.

And so I think I will wait until tomorrow, when I am more rested to continue our dialog of sisterhood.

I love you,

The dog-less Clare...

No comments:

Post a Comment