Monday, August 5, 2013

Providence

I am so very sorry for your loss.
You are experiencing a very special time...the curtain is thin when birth and death are here.
One of the privileges that I experienced and treasured in medicine was being at birth and death...
you are so close to the other side that you can feel it.
So, I hope that you do experience the emotional free-for-all that is going on inside...
this is an opening.

I went to a family get together with the in-law side yesterday. My sister-in-law's mother died several months ago and her family is in a heated battle over the "stuff". She is caught in the middle, trying to hold one of her brothers together while the other 2 siblings want to "bring him down". We commiserated a while about being estranged from family and what the term family really means. I have been reluctant to visit husband's family because they did not reach out to me while we were separated, but I realized mine did not reach out to him either. This woman and I spent a lot of time together when we were first married, and I have enjoyed being with her. It was good to reconnect yesterday.
I realized that those misunderstandings are what destroy family...but shouldn't family be strong?
Isn't it the one thing that we can count on when we are at our lowest?
And yet for so many it is the heart of our troubles.

I have 2 interviews this week.
I was trying to figure out how to prepare for them so that I could amaze them...then I read a passage from Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, "I went right along, not fixing up any particular plan, but just trusting Providence to put the right words in my mouth when the time come: for I'd noticed the Providence always did put the right words in my mouth, if I let it alone."

So that is my strategy...be open to the spirit...or Providence...and Que sera, sera

Love and Light,
Holding you in the Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment