Tuesday, August 27, 2013

letting go of that little voice

We are off to another year of school and schedules. It is hard to get back into the routine, but I have to admit that getting up early to have time for me before the rest of the world rushes in really feeds me.
I become less than consistent during the summer, when I can wake up to my own internal clock. Discipline is good for me.

We are traveling along the same current right now...
I feel optimistic and full of energy to tackle the issues that are important to me one day and then a day or so later I am filled with doubt and question who that person really is...
why does she think she can make a difference in this world?
It's that little voice that runs in the back of our minds, reminding us of our weaknesses. It's probably time to let go of that voice. I wonder if consciously ignoring it will strengthen it or diminish it. It is probably much like the ego, it will complain loudly and bitterly at first, trying desperately to draw you back into ego-centricity, and eventually return to a quiet place of balance.

I think the path follows the flow of compassion and empathy. Again, we are back to being that channel  that facilitates the flow, perhaps augmenting it, but not trying to divert it for our own profit or interests. I think that openness and trust are vital...but they are so difficult.

I have another job interview today. It is with the agency that I did my internship with last year. The position would involve a lot of writing. I wonder if my skills are good enough. I would need to learn to edit my work because I do love to go on and on. I am not convinced that this is the position for me, but it would be a starting place and I do really like the people who work in this agency. I will have to consider this one.

Clothing shopping is a nightmare...the lighting, those mirrors, being surrounded by people...Did you take someone with you? Sometimes it helps to have someone else along for their opinion. I often buy clothes on line because it bypasses all 3 of those issues for me. When I do buy in the stores it is usually something that I pick up and have a sense that it is going to work for me. I look when the girls are shopping.

I am off to tackle my day.
Love and Light,
Maggie





No comments:

Post a Comment