Monday, November 30, 2015

fitting the mold

Clare,
You are probably right, slowing down might be what I need. I have trouble slowing down though. Today I taught class and then home to exercise before a message. I had the afternoon and evening free. It was really difficult for me to not do something. I ended up reading a book, which is really doing something. My boys were both home and getting on each others' nerves. So, now it is evening and I'm looking forward to sleep.

There are only 2 weeks left of this semester. It is crazy how fast they pass by. I am teaching a new course for the spring, in addition to my regular course. I don't have the textbook, or notes, or a power point…I am going to have to get busy preparing this course. I've never taught physiology before, but I think it will be a more in-depth look at what I taught this semester. It ought to be interesting.

I hope that the added responsibility doesn't distract me from developing my new idea. I will have to stay focused and open to inspiration. Maybe I'll run into someone through this opportunity that can help move the ideas along…you never know who is going to show up.

My youngest is sick today too. Cough, fever and chills. I hope I don't get sick. I hate being sick. So far I haven't been sick at all this fall…it's been so nice. Even my allergies aren't bad this year.

So what do you think S#3 needs that we can supply? She doesn't reach out to me for help or assistance. She hasn't contacted me in a while, except to answer an occasional text from me. I'm not sure what I can offer her. I have told her to let me know how I can help, but she continues to trudge on independently…occasionally letting off some steam. She fits the mold of the abused/neglected child grown up with poor attachments that I am learning about in my course. It's sad to think that most of us fit that mold. It's very sad.

I decorate my house for Christmas after Thanksgiving, but don't get a tree and decorate it until the weekend before Christmas to make it extra special.

Love and Light Beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment