Wednesday, November 18, 2015

getting ready for holidays

Clare,

I like the idea of calling on ancestors. I wouldn't know where they fit in the lineage if I called. But, I'm glad that you have that information. It's a terrifying thought that parents would marry off a 14 year old girl to a 21 year old stranger. The idea makes my blood boil and my stomach nauseous. Why have children if you don't want to raise them. I understand it was a different time and a different mentality…but that mentality persists in too many people today. Mom once told me that Dad remarked that he had raised us better than his parents had raised him- less violently. I appreciate that, but it was still rough.

I have been vividly dreaming again. I should write the images down as I awaken, but I haven't. One image was of a woman dressed entirely in black clothes, head covered with a veil. She was down in child's pose- knees bent under her and then upper body prostrate over her knees- as if she was praying. I hope that we were praying together- Pray for Peace.

Today I met with child and youth services. I had to show them that my house is safe and clean in order for my young friend to come for Thanksgiving. We talked and I got a lot of insight from her. He, like many has re-written his history to forget the toughest parts. I really hope that I am effectively helping him. I have come to really, truly care about him and his well-being. I hope he knows that.

Thanksgiving is going to be small here, like usual. Husband is on call, so we'll eat in the evening to ensure he is home, the two boys and my oldest. My younger daughter has to work until about 7 and then will come home for dessert. On Friday morning I am taking them to a photography studio to have pictures done. 15 years ago I had black and whites done of each individual. So on Friday morning I'm recreating them. It will be a nice comparison.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie






No comments:

Post a Comment