Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi Maggie,

I'm glad your reading went well.  How was your Thanksgiving day?

We had a good time here. Lots of people.  They played cards - a lot.  I taught the kids BS, the card game where one lies.  I got loud at one point and shouted Bull-shit.  Then smacked my own face. I was trying to be so careful with my language!

We tried new recipes. Most were good.  We had a brussels-sprouts-off.  My youngest son and I each made a dish featuring sprouts. We sort of made it a challenge - which was better. In the end, we exchanged recipes and agreed to like both.  He had the edge though, because he grew his sprouts. I bought mine...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow morning S#3 arrives with her brood, and my house will be loud and full and wild.  I really love it.  I look forward to it.

This evening, two of my grandchildren, cousins, were interacting like siblings. I really loved watching them spat, because we never had that. Our cousins were strangers, or special guests. We  never truly knew each other.

And with S#3, and her grandkids, we are forming extended family. The kids have more cousins, and have a regular relationship with them.

Now, this evening, with everyone gone, I am really enjoying the silence.

And missing my oldest son. We tried to all a few times, but no one answered.

In all, though, today was lovey-loving-lovely.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment