Monday, November 30, 2015

message

Hi Maggie,

I have found that what happens is what is supposed to happen.  Relax and see what the message is. A car down usually means slow down, stay home, enjoy a bit of quiet. I have found that when I ignore messages to slow down, something worse happens - like I get sick. The message seems to be rest, or the universe will make sure you do.

I am sick now.  Nephew's girlfriend was sick when she popped in on Thanksgiving, and I started getting slammed with it yesterday. Now I have no voice.  I was supposed to have a meeting here tomorrow. I canceled that.  So what is my message? Probably sleep. Stop talking and listen.  And stop worrying - if I contaminated S#3 and her family, there's nothing I can do about it now!

I have never done much Christmas decorating early.  I always loved the idea of the twelve days of Christmas - celebrating and visiting from Christmas Day until Little Christmas - your birthday.  It really bothers me to see discarded Christmas trees the day after Christmas. It just seems that we don't know how to celebrate any more. We rush through the season, then boot it out - it's over for this year.

But I do remember one earlyish bit - when the kids were young we would set up Nana's (from the other side of the family) creche, sans the baby.  I would bring in some hay from the barn. The kids were supposed to add one piece of straw every time they did something kind. They were supposed to make the barn warm and soft by Christmas Eve, when they youngest would take the baby to the manger, just before they went to bed.

Christmas is so different when there are young children in the home. I think back to Nana and Papa, and they other greats and grands. Christmas morning didn't seem to be a big deal. They just got dressed and came over later, for dinner and to see the kids.

Makes me wonder if this system of isolated nuclear family is healthy for anyone.

I have been included in a group brainstorming session for a work thing tomorrow. I am so excited to be part of this. I think I complained about something to my manager, and she heard me.

I like being heard.

Of course, not having a voice might be reminding me to make sure I listen.

Sneezing on the computer. I think I'll knit for a bit, then go to bed early.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment