Friday, November 27, 2015

tired today

Clare,

I am tired today…too much activity for two days.
It was great though. My kids were all here…
and getting along with each other…
there was laughter…
it was wonderful.
The past few years our holidays have been strained. My kids were out of synch with each other. Too mature-too immature to deal with each other. This year they've seemed to gel. There was a lot of just hanging out together. My older son still spent much of the time alone, but he helped with some of the cooking. We had two guests, my young friend and his brother. It went well. The younger, I had never met before, was very shy and quiet. He spent most of his day playing video games with my youngest. He did come up to play scrabble with a few of us though. He smiled a lot, I believe it was a genuine smile. They both ate so much food- it was great. The older brother was very interactive, he spent time talking with each of us, getting to know us and expressing gratitude. When I dropped them off he asked if they could visit again. I agreed that would be good. I think I'm going to speak to him at our next session and if he wants to visit I will turn him over to another therapist before that happens. It's the best way to handle it. My kids each told me how much they enjoyed having them here.

I am picking up a new course next semester, physiology. I've never taught it before. I just hope that it isn't too much for me. My older son's cyber-schooling will be done early in January, so I won't have to monitor that anymore. I need to get a hold of the text book and hopefully a disc of power points will be included…otherwise I'm going to drown in this.

I hope you have fun with S#3 and her family. I think I'm going to begin decorate my house for Christmas tomorrow. Do some of the outside lights and dress the mantles. I have a collection of Santas that I display on the kitchen side of the fireplace and then I do fresh greens on the great room side. It makes it so pretty and it smells great. Have fun…
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment