Sunday, November 29, 2015

Busy week ahead

Clare,

Your joyful weekend sounds wonderful. Husband and I decorated yesterday. I made a big burlap wreath adorned with balls of muted red, green and gold colors. It nice, not quite what I anticipated, but nice. I decorated the mantle with that wreath in the center positioned over fresh cut pine boughs. I then wove in some white lights and put the extra balls in the greens. It's pretty and smells amazing.

We pulled out most of our decorations, except for the tree. We usually wait for the weekend before Christmas to decorate the tree.
I even bought our Christmas eve PJs last night- on line of course. I always give Christmas Eve PJs to my family…it is a great tradition. I like it because we all look good in Christmas morning pictures.

My car is mis-behaving, so I went to church with husband today. He's been asking me to go with him because their interim pastor is a former Quaker. He is very vocal on social justice issues and wanted me to meet him. I returned a book on Healing Trauma that he sent home with husband. He was good to talk to. I also spoke to an old friend, a lawyer who has been very involved with service to the poor and vulnerable. She told me of a clinic that just opened nearby that sees patients on a sliding scale and asked me if I would be interested in talking with them about mental health services. I told her that I am interested in working from a "trauma informed" basis and would love to talk to her. Who knows- maybe that's another piece of "Integrate". I've been wondering how to finance that idea- this might offer some insight.

I have a crazy week ahead of me- complicated by a car that needs service. It is making a very loud noise while accelerating…probably a muffler issue. But it means one less day to use my car to do all of the things on my list.
Slow down…
One step at a time…
It will all get done.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment