Friday, November 20, 2015

loving where you are

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=830752024183765506#editor/src=sidebar

Hi Maggie,

I found the blog entry above. Perhaps that will give you some leads about gratitude. I kind of liked it, but I have the feeling I have to read it again, after thinking about it for awhile...The part that is provoking starts below the Rockwellesque family dinner image.

This might be my favorite line:  Gratitude means loving where you are -- linked, as it is, to everything else that is.

Maybe this should be my new  definition!

I had a couple of other thoughts.  I went to FGC to see if I could find a First Day curriculum dealing with Thanksgiving, or with gratitude. I thought maybe some of the listed resources might help. No luck. Then I was thinking about the testimonies...SPICE - Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality...which ties to gratitude.  No inspiration in my tired brain tonight, though.

I didn't think about this before, but FGC does have an interesting catalog of books for sale. Maybe you could find some kind of a lead there.

I didn't really think of the youth service visit as a test.  My comments were very tongue-in-cheek.

Ever since the kitten came last summer, my older cat has been in a continual snit.  I never thought she was a bit of a simpleton, but she is. She a resource hoarder, and a bit of a terrorist.  She loves to sit and intimidate the baby.

Before the kitten arrived, the cat has pretty much completely shifted her allegiance to Nephew.  I had gone weeks without interacting with her.  Now that the kitten arrived, and I am her Mommy, the older cat can't bear to be without me.  She acts like she is loving, but I know she is actually tormenting the baby.

Last night, while I worked at my desk, I had one on each side of the computer, sitting, facing forward, not looking at each other, but not running or hissing.  It seemed like a step toward peace...I hope.

It has been interesting watching them.

The meeting I was supposed to attend tomorrow has been postponed. The double overnight with grandchildren has been postponed. Looks like I have a weekend of housecleaning with few interruptions.  I will have an overnight with the littlest, though.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment