Monday, November 23, 2015

feedback

Clare,

I am still looking for the right words…
never sure until I read there right thing…
I am leaning toward this…
I love the part that starts "Give over thine own willing"…
I've been sitting with this reading for about a day now…
What do you think?

So then, there is the sweet communion.... the sweet joy and refreshment in the Lord our righteousness, who causeth righteousness to drop down from heaven, and truth to spring up out of the earth. And so our Father is felt blessing us, blessing our land, blessing our habitations, delighting in us and over us to do us good; and our land yields its increase to the Lord of Life, who hath redeemed it and planted the precious plants and seeds of life in it....

Give over thine own willing, give over thine own running, give over thine own desiring to know or be anything, and sink down to the seed which God sows in thy heart and let that be in thee, and grow in thee, and breathe in thee, and act in thee, and thou shalt find by sweet experience that the Lord knows that and loves that and owns that, and will lead it to the inheritance of life, which is his own portion.... There is a continual praying unto God. There is a continual blessing and praising of his name, in eating or drinking or whatever else is done.



Isaac Penington (1617-1679)

I've been thinking about the question you posed…
Who am I trying to please or appease by outlawing pot? I have written in favor of legalization…
I believe in legalization for social justice concerns…
I am just not ready to allow any of my kids to knowingly put themselves in harms way…
possessing and using illegal substances. It's tough trying to balance this out.

I talked to him on the morning following my sleepless night. I gave him back the pipe and asked him to never let me find it again. I told him I was proud of his control while his brother berated him during the evening.
I understand the need to get rid of that energy…
but getting high by yourself is not the best way…
exercise, music, a hot shower…
better choices.
I've told my kids that if they choose to get high at as party is not surprising…
but sitting alone at night is kind of a red-flag.

I was watching my trauma lecture today…
it re-enforced what I already know…
but wasn't seeing last week…
behaviors aren't the problem…
they are a sign of a deeper issue.
Addiction is not the disease…
it's the escape or numbing of underlying problems.
So, I have to start to ask the tougher questions and listen…
really listen.
Thanks for the feedback.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment