Friday, November 6, 2015

dream

Hi Maggie,

I had a dream last night that I don't understand and I don't want to forget.

I was driving a car, my son's car from when he was in school - an old beater car, a red Volvo station wagon.  There were a lot of people in the car, from all parts of my life. I said I shouldn't drive the car, but it was only down the hill and back.  We were going to the convenience store at the stop sign on my road.

So I'm going down hill, and I see a piece of wood in the middle of the road. It just appeared.  It was about 24 inches high, like a cross section of a tree, waiting to be chopped into sections for firewood.  It appeared, giving me no time to avoid it. I was hoping it would fit under the car, but instead we hit it. There was quite a violent, loud collision.  Everyone was jarred around, but no one was hurt at all.  The car was running perfectly.  I stopped the car to see if there was any damage, and the whole front end was missing - up to the windshield.  I could not find it anywhere.  I even looked over the edge of the road, into the ditch.

I woke up, trying to figure out where the front of the car went, and why the car was still running perfectly.

According to on-line dream dictionaries, a car symbolizes my ambition, my drive, my ability to navigate from one stage of life to another.  Driving means I am taking an active role.

Obviously, I am able to move forward, safely, without a typical engine...

Any insight?

Hope all is well with you...

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment