Tuesday, November 17, 2015

history

Hi Maggie,

So I read an article that talked about a tradition with an indigenous people somewhere.  They feel that after someone dies, they become clear and understand family dynamics. Ancestors are willing, and indeed want to work with us, for only the living can heal the family line.

Apparently there are ceremonies, etc. And the author said that we should not have any preconceived notion of who it is who wants to work with us.

So I sort of "prayed" last night, opening myself to whoever might want to work with me.  I stated that I am open to helping heal our family.

So I got the impression I was working with Anna, who came in a dream months ago. I can't even guess how long ago it was.  I may have attached her photo to this blog.

Anyway, she had me pulling black things out of everyone's lower back. They were smallish, fist sized or less, I guess. And they were attached, meaning we were all attached to each other - our cousins, our sibs, our aunts and uncles, our kids.  I took 'em all. I have no idea what it means or what it will do.

But I got lost in family research this afternoon.  It is not safe to let me do that. I dive in for hours, and forget to come back up.

The story, again, seems that two groups who were moving west stayed over night in the same place. Our great-great-great grandmother was 14, traveling with her family. She was supposed to be a talented singer.  Our great-great-great grandfather, 21, was traveling west with two brothers. They extended the stay for three days and got married.

I can't tell what happened next. Our ancestors went south instead of west. Was that to stay near her family?  Or did the parents just let their 14 year old go off with her new husband - and that was it?

She had 14 kids and lived to be 90 years old.

But she was married to a man of Dad's line. Was the sexual abuse part of us even then?  My gut says yes...

So what does she want me to know?  What was in the family then, that still haunts us all now?

And a little report...I called two dances at the contra last weekend. The first was a bit confused.  The other went really well. I think I can do this!

Love and hugs from Clare




No comments:

Post a Comment