Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Thanks for the reminder

I do agree that the psyche is multifaceted and simultaneously can be more than one layer/level. I do like the connection to the chakras...something I did not consider as I was writing yesterday.
I am teaching a comparative religion course for First Day School and trying to show the similarities between different faith traditions...rather than enumerating their differences. I am using the Anatomy of a Spirit to guide me with the Chakras, Sefirot, and Christian sacraments... so those levels must somehow be demonstrated within those traditions as well.

I also appreciate your talking about trinities...I think so many meaningful concepts/images come in threes...
body, mind, spirit
past, present, future
liquid, solid, gas
thought, word, deed...
3 seems complete...but on closer inspection these are not distinct and separate...they are on a continuum really...
It's fascinating to play with this in my mind.

So I am in a period of Quaker, extroverted activism...I am attempting to gather support, build a coalition to educate children about nonviolence. I am really feeling like opportunities are opening...it's very energizing. I have to be careful to not allow myself to swept away and lose myself in the project. It's very easy for me to ignore my soul's needs by the immediacy of these projects. I am meeting and speaking with several people tomorrow...I'll let you know how it goes.

The reasons for incarnating are beautiful...thanks for reminding me...I am just mildly depressed and wonder what's it all about.

Blessings,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment