Tuesday, February 19, 2013

being as a child

One of the repetitive pieces of wisdom that I have been receiving this past year is to allow myself to be childlike...
to see as a child does
to play as a child does
to love as a child does...

I am trying...
I am less vigilant and worrisome than I used to be.
I am less afraid that someone is going to hurt me or, more importantly, one of my kids.
I am more open...allowing more people to see glimpses of me.
And I am allowing myself to step out into the open with the possibility of rejection...
and I am still out there...not totally vulnerable...but more than I have ever been

I wonder if this melting that you are experiencing is going to reshape you...in many possible ways...
I can't wait to see the results.

How do I fly in dreams?
I run really fast on a downward slope...and suddenly I just lift off...a little at first but then higher...I never "soar". The thing that I recall most easily is the amazing feeling of freedom and lightness.
It's like when I let myself float in the water...completely free of the weight and mass of my body...kind-of like being a spirit.

I have to pick up son #2...
Until tomorrow...
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment