Friday, February 22, 2013

forgiveness

Interesting insights...that is interesting that we both had similar ideas about Mom.

So today daughter #1 came home to surprise her Dad for his birthday tomorrow...he nearly cried when she came into the room. So tomorrow we are going to daughter #2's student play festival and then celebrating his birthday...The girls had alot of personality conflict over the Christmas break...they just couldn't get in sync...

Today I had an inspiration...I was talking about the lack of sexuality education in our schools...and the fact that we also need to teach relationship skills to decrease intimate partner violence and other types of violence...so I decided to try to advocate for a bill that will require appropriate sexual ed. and relationship skills as a primary preventive attempt. I talked with one of the lobbyist at my internship and she is directing me so that I can develop a strategy to work from. I need to do alot of research and also get to know who would be amenable to sponsoring this bill...but it makes alot of sense. What do you think? I did some research for a state senator this past summer, so I think I will begin with her.

I have decided to actively work on forgiveness.
To break the habits that keep me blaming others for my problems.
Years ago this journey started with an inspired phrase, I forgive you, will you forgive me too?
Certainly not forget the lessons that were learned traumatically...but I am choosing to let go of the blame that I've been clutching, clinging to.
I remember Carolyn Myss saying that "the more weight you carry the longer you will have to wait"... I also remember her saying that as long as you allow parts of your soul to be invested or caught up by others you cannot be whole.
 So I believe it is time to reclaim my pieces and regain peace, wholeness, Shalom.
It is challenging...
I've been consciously trying to do this for 2 days now and I find myself slipping back into blame mode...it's their fault that I have these issues...
So I am trying to catch myself as quickly as possible and actively change my thought process to surrendering it to the Light...trying to understand that we all have issues to deal with...and I can only change my own habits and thoughts...So I am trying...I will persist until I am able to put everything negative behind, leave it in the past, and move, unencumbered into each day. As I think about this I am imagining the swamp clearing and becoming a life-spring. That's the future...and hopefully it will be my present soon enough.

Love and Light,
Maggie






No comments:

Post a Comment