Saturday, February 2, 2013

Be in awe

You know I love you, so just listen to what I have to say with an open heart...Or, shall we try - I'm bigger than you, so pay attention...

You had a powerful moment, and now you are dismissing it.  It seems you don't think it was enough.  But, it was an aha! moment, and a good one.  Be in awe of yourself and the work you have done! You really got a piece of the truth.  I was impressed.  And I can also tell you there won't be one big AHA!! and then your life and everything in it will be different.  There will be many small, but effective and life-changing/mind-changing Aha!s.

I have lots of free weekends, would you rather wait until after graduation?  You'll get to meet the baby then.

Life here seems to be revolving around that situation this week.  Maybe I am interpreting things a little differently because I watched the TED talk about the patterns of domestic abuse.  Last night my daughter was emotional, furious, hurt, losing it.  Apparently her ex is telling many people in town that the baby is not his.  He is also stalking her or has friends stalking her, and finding ways of letting her know he knows what she is doing, where she is going, who she is talking to through mutual friends.  She has a male friend who is African-American.  The ex is putting out that she is dating him now.  And my daughter is being so careful.  She is not dating anyone and is careful not to give that appearance with any of her male friends. She took a best girlfriend to a company party as her date.  Today her brother is her date for a wedding.

She was so upset last night.  So I told her we were going to start recording all of it, everything we could gather, and then we might be able to get a court order to keep him away from her. 

I fear for this baby.  I am so torn between children needing both parents, and sheltering her from this violence and drama. 

I am so glad we are doing this work together.  It keeps me focused on what is happening, and gives me some direction on how to respond.

Love you!!!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment