Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Incredibly sad

God, that's awful.
I haven't been in that situation before and cannot imagine what I would do.
We have all turned a blind eye towards cruelty and abuse...because we didn't know what to do...
That's why it is so important to speak out now...
shine the light on the attitudes and habits that we have fallen into as a species.
I am working for an advocacy group that is afraid to speak negatively because they don't want to harm their political chances...piss off anyone who might have power or be useful to them in the future...I wrote a 'process recording' last week about how frustrated I am with the lack of courage to stand for something...this is a profession that prides itself on being there for the vulnerable...and yet we fear those in power just as much as the oppressed do.
Why have we become sheep...beaten, exploited, abused, slaughtered for the benefit or amusement of others. I pray for  the courage to speak out. I pray for the intelligence to speak clearly and in a way that will motivate people to change...or to at least examine their own habits and attitudes... they can't change unless they are seen.
Anyway, my supervisor asked to ta;k with me about my process recording...she said it sounded like I am angry...anger isn't the right emotion...perhaps frustrated...maybe bewildered...definitely passionate to speak up.

I agree that healthy, whole adults (or even adolescents) don't rape and destroy...but that leads us right back to stopping child abuse...it has to stop.

I am looking for a job that will allow me to work on child abuse...to speak against it...to talk about ending it ...primary prevention...I just hope that I am lead to where I can do the most good.

I am incredibly sad, but not depressed...

I love you,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment