Sunday, February 24, 2013

lessons from the theater

The weight that she referred to was spiritual weight...not physical weight...although a wise friend once told me that she insulates herself with extra pounds...she is definitely a healer who hears many traumatic life stories...last time I spoke with her she said that her doctor is afraid that she is going to have a heart attack...but if she hasn't experienced a broken heart by now then nothing can injure that heart...she is an exceptional person.

So did you talk of shamanism? Did you gain any insight?

I am going to do as much preparation work on this project and then, within the next few weeks make an appointment or two to get professional insights. Then I will take it to a senator that I briefly did some research for. Hopefully she will hear me/us. I want to build a coalition of various service providers to back me up (maybe join me). It's a lot, but if I take it one step at a time I can get it accomplished. At least I will plant the seeds of prevention.

I saw a local theater production today with daughter #2...we had fun...but the production was not great. I just didn't like the show...the talent was there...just a mediocre story. It was about an aging actress who is a recluse...but her butler (really her first husband) makes her think she is still remembered in Hollywood. She falls for a much younger man and basically traps him into a relationship by offering him a luxurious home and no worries...but he has to give up true love to stay there. His weakness is obvious...when he finally decides to leave the old woman shoots him in the back.
So what does this say about life?
That we are all living in different, overlapping fantasy worlds?
That deception for the sake of survival is acceptable?
That it is OK to trap another human being because we are attached, even if it makes them miserable? (I don't even treat my animals that way)
I can see parallels to this story and my life...our family lived in fantasy worlds, pretending that everything was good and wholesome.
I can say that I buried the secrets of our past in order to survive.
The blessing of our story is that we are escaping the trap without anyone being killed...nearly killed, but not successful.

So a man in front of me today spoke of forgiveness in Meeting...his words touched me deeply.

I have to do some homework with the boys...
Love and Light,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment