Saturday, February 2, 2013

proactive is better than reactive

Thanks...I do understand that I dismiss things in my life as not being enough...
but I have been to this point once before and shrank back from the opening it was leading to.
I want to remain open to that opening when it comes...
stop trying to make it happen or conversely shut down and avoid it.
I want to stop living in this numbed limbo.
I want to feel.
I have been very emotional the past few days...
PMS I think, but I am focusing on the feelings...and trying to name them...and explain them.
I was short tempered with my son several days ago...and I simply explained that I am feeling frustrated, but not with him....he offered to help.
What a wonderful way of turning a sniping match between us into a moment of support...and I let him help me...that's huge in my life.

I think that you are wise to document any incidents with the baby's father. Perhaps your daughter could capitalize on his denial and not have to share parental rights...it's one option.
It might help if you and she contact the domestic violence service provider in your area...they offer free counseling that might help your daughter navigate her way through all of this...it's a resource that is better used preventive-ly rather than after the fact. I believe that proactive solutions are much better than reactive ones.

I will plan on coming after graduation...I wouldn't be able to relax before...too many things to complete. We can spend a weekend walking and see what develops.

Thanks for grounding me...
thanks for listening (reading)...
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment