Wednesday, February 13, 2013

fascinating

Fascinating...
I have to think of those images for a while to allow them to permeate...

The floor is recurrent with you...
I wonder the significance of the false floor over the real...
it seems to me that our foundation is not what is seems to be...which we know since we were raised to hide the secrets...You continue to go back to the color yellow...I like the blending of the red and yellow to create the orange.

The image of reaching out, up and down connecting to others...I am uncomfortable with the referral to the crucifix for some reason.
Once, many years ago, we were on a family trip. I didn't want to be there. My kids were throwing up red Gatorade in an all-white hotel room. Finally after everyone was asleep (all in the same hotel room) I couldn't sleep...much like your night last night. I sat and meditated...at some point my arms outstretched (against my will) and I remained in that extended position for some time. It was difficult to understand what was happening...but then I surrendered into it...it was a silent prayer...no words or thoughts...just holding that posture of the crucifixion...but it was less about death and dying and more about surrendering into the divine. Maybe that's why your referring to the crucifixion hits a tough note for me...because it is not about death but about surrender to the divine.

I am intrigued by the images of the straws...controlling, and mostly blocking the flow.
What a great visual to show how we impede the natural flow...because of our need to control everything. I have always loved to sing the Prayer of Saint Francis...make me a channel of your peace.
A channel...an open...unobstructed conduit...that selflessly transmits its contents to their destination.
Those straws certainly don't act as a channel. Fascinating.
I will have to reread this post tomorrow and see what else I can glean from it.

Love and Light,
Maggie

I think my favorite portion of the whole experience is that you sang, danced, ran and played...

No comments:

Post a Comment