Monday, February 18, 2013

interesting week

Unfortunately I did not see Thunder...it was snowing and blowing sideways ...that usually makes them uneasy...so we postponed for a calmer day...but I really feel as if I should see him...that usually means some thing's up with him or one of his herd...I will have to visit.

It's interesting that you have not spoken in Meeting...you have such insight and a way with words...
About 2 years into attending (I think) I had a leading to speak...I had the idea...let it play in my mind for a while...it was persistent...and became more so as time went on...as this progressed I was suppressing the words...telling myself I shouldn't speak...it wasn't my place...I was only an attender...and I had a very clear message, "would you deny me this?" I can't remember the message...I can't even recall the topic...but I will always remember being asked that question from within. I have spoken several times...each time is similar...the idea comes...becomes more persistent...and my body begins to shiver and shake...I am a Quaker.

So this is a big week for me. Daughter #1 had her culminating activity for her fundraiser... your alma mater raised $12 million this year...she is thrilled.
Daughter #2 is in a play all week...she's been the asst. stage manager and has a role...she goes right into production of another play next week...when this one finishes.
The boys are just being themselves...lovable and frustrating at the same time.
Today I helped do a presentation about advocating to legislators...it was a good experience.
I got to talk with several people who I truly admire...I also had the opportunity to speak with the Dean of my school and I took the opportunity to tell him how much I'd love to teach for his program and the unique perspective that I brought with me. I also talked with one of the professors who said that perhaps I could do research with her...she's interested in international issues...particularly the high stress environment of Ireland...she lived there for 11 years...she thinks we could do some of my bio-psycho-social research there...what an interesting idea.
Wednesday I am doing the presentation about the ethical considerations of female reproductive health rights...and I have to make sure that i keep it informational...not step into either the conservative or liberal arenas...that will be a tough balancing act...but I have thought about how I might get sidetracked in order to prepare to get myself back on course if I should stray. I am amazed that i am this excited about teaching professionals. It's a good place to be.

Today I was trying to identify how my life is different after I had that discussion last weekend with husband...I have to say that now when I say, "I love you"...I believe it more than before...I am not yet feeling it...but I believe myself...I guess that's progress.

I want to skip down the hills and laugh until I cry...what a great image.

I've got to get some sleep. I love you.
Light and blessings,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment