Monday, February 25, 2013

connections

I definitely think there is a connection between physical weight and spiritual weight, or perhaps spiritual burdens.  I also think there is a connection between weight and wait.  Some of us just sort of sit here waiting, maybe for the weight to be lifted...And your friend could have a broken heart. All those stories sort of erode our hearts and leave us weak and bleeding.  I hope she has a warm, nurturing support system.  We need healers with big hearts.

Personal comment - You speak the language, you will be heard. 

Are we all living in different, overlapping fantasy worlds?  Intriguing question.  This question is the heart of the others you listed.  Perception is so subjective.  In many ways we are always alone.  In many ways this Earth is our own unique creation.  Yet there are truths, maybe way deeper than words, that we share.  We don't know how to go there any more.  But I think it's sort of what/where we are seeking in Quaker worship...

Just a thought, but what if the story were switched and an older man was holding a younger woman with wealth and ease, and she walked way from someone she truly loved in order to be supported.  Would you have felt differently?  Do you think you would have asked the same questions?

Our childhood was classic alcoholic drama - pretend we are fine.  Anyone who thinks differently is a traitor and must be cast out.  Those who chose to stay must accept the insanity.  I accepted it long enough to recreate it. 

I had a very social weekend.  And I got to cook every day.  My youngest had some friends over.  I was at my desk trying to finish work, and they were on the floor in a semi-circle around my chair, talking to me.  We had a family dinner for my youngest son's birthday.  Everyone feels more connected than we used to be.  Then we had a potluck with five of us, aged like 45 - 65.  We talked about desperately needing a stronger connection to nature, and to others, and probably, maybe, possibly to each other.

One person who was here is an editor who volunteered to help someone with a project.  As a result we all got to pre-read a chapter about shamanism.  I am about half way through the chapter, and a thought occurred to me that I wanted your insight on.  Traditionally therapists and philosophers have divided us into three parts.  We learned id, ego and superego, for instance.  Another set is conscious self, unconscious self and dream self.  I have started wondering if the unconscious is the abused self.  I wonder if those instinctual, unknown, unrecognized responses are from that spiritual scar tissue that protects us from what we experiences or witnessed.  I wonder if healthy people have less unconscious because they have less to protect or to hide from.

Do you have any reaction to this?  I know you are more classically connected to the deeper meaning of  these terms...

I look forward to hearing your response.

Love you, Maggs-

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment