Monday, October 8, 2012

walking through the wild flowers

I like that thought...
that the family is still traveling with us, on the other side of the veil...
how do we access that energy and wisdom?
Is it just a haphazard event that occurs or can we actually call upon it as we seek clarity?
I have to trust that you are the one that they are working through.
Years ago I was mad at Mom for something...and I had the strangest sensation and a very clear thought that Grammy was saying, "Don't be too hard on her. You don't know what she has been through".
That is true...no one knows what others have been through...
the joys and the sorrows...
the pain and the happiness...
triumphs and tragedies...
I don't think that even we, our self, understand the implications of all of our experiences.
We do our best to interpret and to put events into perspective...
but it's always through our own lens that is colored by our expectations.
Do I expect someone to treat me with respect and kindness?
Or do I expect to be manipulated and exploited?
Our expectations allow us to hear and see what we expect to occur.
So, how do we drop that lens and see the world and its creatures as they really are?
I think I just led myself back to vulnerability again...you have to dare to drop your defenses and be seen...to see you must first be seen.

I do like the image of gathering flowers for a bouquet...
something beautiful and pleasing...not for any specific function that it performs...
just for being itself.
Perhaps we are walking through the wild flower field of our past...maybe we will find our wild woman there as well as the lost pieces.

I was at a conference once and was dissatisfied with the workshop that I had chosen. There was one on shamanism being offered at the same time. I thought long and hard about moving over to it. I did end up staying at my original choice and it got better. Maybe I should look for another offering on shamanism...ancient wisdom is always good to understand...

My weekend was quiet...but busy.
I have 3 assignments looming in the next 3 weeks and i had to get a handle on them.
I needed to at least start them so I could judge how much effort each will take.
2 of them I was able to complete a rough draft on but the other is going to take time and more energy.
Any way, it's time to get back to work...
I love you,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment