Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No duality?

So there is no duality, just failure to see? or to recognize? or to reflect?

I am more drawn to dogs as companions.  They choose me and choose to be part of a pack with me.  There is an inherent understanding, as opposed to living with my cat, who simply owns me.  There is no doubt of that!  I never thought much about having companions who are predator vs.prey - except that I expect the cat to take care of the autumn mouse invasion.  And she has been doing an exemplary job this year!  I have kept sheep and goats, but they were not pets or companions.  So I guess I am not aware of the difference of befriending a horse as compared to a dog.  I have never had the time or place or resources for keeping a horse, so I'll just have to learn from you.  I think we do need companions who keep us real and force us to be aware of what we are really thinking.

The grooming we all go through is to be nice.  To be no trouble.  To be a perfect women like Grandma who silently served everyone and took what was left for herself.  We do the same to ourselves and to our animals.  So I guess it is logical that they would mirror it back to us.

Today I listened to a talk about radiance.  We are radiant when we emit light from within.  We (read I) can't be radiant with our head down, slouched over to protect our hearts.  The line that called my attention today was that we can't have compassion for anyone else if we don't have compassion for ourselves.  I started to object, because I can be nicer and kinder and more present for anyone, except myself.  But, if I want to be honest, maybe it's superficial kindness and it's offered only as a distraction.  Maybe that's why relationships run sort of cold and at a distance - sort of like the sibling/familial relationships in the Delana Clan.  When I hear all the advice to love myself, I clog up and shut down.  But be compassionate with myself...maybe I can do that, or at least get closer to true kindness.

Did you know:
"The world will be saved by the western woman,"   -Dalai Lama

Maybe that's because we're all doing what you and I are doing...being fearless!

I'm exhausted.  Working with no electricity for most of the morning set me back at work.  I finished later than usual.

Night,  Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment