Wednesday, October 3, 2012

LOVE

I had a day long professional training, and so I am tired.  Then I got asked for herbal advice by someone who shot a nail through their finger with a nail gun.  This person says,  "My mom is probably the best unpublished herbalist in the country." 

When I pay attention I am noticed. 

I was looking back through our recent exchanges and stumbled on the phrase intentional love.  I like that.  I am used to the phrases conditional love and unconditional love, and still think about those.  But intentional love - intending to love, purposefully loving.  Kinda nice!  So how do we take intention through to reality?  How do we go from intentional love to realized love?

Sometimes we seem to think love is magic, it's a miracle that just happens.  I wonder what it would be like if we were healthy, and just loved and expected to be love.  Would it be any less miraculous?  Any more magical? 

So, let's be intentional.  It is probably just as easy to be intentionally loving as it is to be unwittingly hurtful or hateful.  How can I be intentionally loving?  By noting and naming gifts.  By taking pleasure in the presence of others and letting them know.  By drawing them in, rather than isolating myself and keeping everyone out...

Standing outside in the evening cool, talking to my amazing son, and I noticed the screech owl is back.  I hadn't heard it since last fall.  It was so welcome.  I was so excited to hear it.  Love!

Smiles and hugs and lots of love,

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment