Monday, June 27, 2016

soaps

Hi Maggie,

If you want people to celebrate your Survivor Day, and as it should be, and you want it to be a family holiday, then write it real big, in red, and with glitter, and add some butterfly stickers on June 26 of the calendar every single year. Did you remind anyone/everyone beforehand, or did you just expect them to remember? Even the best of us forget birthdays and anniversaries if it's not written down. 

And make it a Facebook date to remember, too.

Get in our faces and remind us that this day is important to you, therefore to us!

Lead the way. I was wondering if there are any Hooray you survived cards...maybe we should start a line!!  We should be celebrating everything. Like maybe, cards to leave with the zucchini we leave on the neighbor's porch. We can use the proceeds to support your healing center.

Check on the legality of unsupervised visits.  Let your foster-son know this is threatening the situation.  I can understand your feeling betrayed. It is hard to tell if Dad's visit was a surprise or not.   It is also hard to tell why his dad suddenly wants to see him.  His motives may not be paternal.

Maybe call the father out.  Be transparent.  Make sure he knows what the situation is.  Make sure he knows that you know what the situation is.  No drama.  No threats.  Just a simple story.  And make sure Dad knows you will not bar him from seeing his son and having a relationship. Don't give him any room to be uncomfortable or complaining.

I really like the idea of being so transparent that no one can do anything underhanded.  No one can manipulate your boy...

Patience, trust, open-heart, and transparency.  Soap operas thrive on secrecy and manipulations.  Let's not live that life!

I saw a quote recently.  Two angels were talking, apparently about to incarnate. One said they could not wait to sit on the couch and watch soap operas.   We are not here to waste time, nor are we here to do drama.

I Quakered all day yesterday.  I visited a meeting as a part of a larger committee.  I got to see the insides of a meeting, which makes me understand my own better.

I got  definite message that we are getting old and drying up, but we can reverse that by playing.  It was a fun message, and I tried on lots of different ways of playing.

And I got to share lunch with a British Friend, who was absolutely European and really wondering about the vote.  He said he voted to stay.  He talked about their political process and then two of the leaders, and told us who to watch out for...He also has no idea what will happen now, and is just watching...

I didn't get any walks in today. Instead I spent my time doing the most dread, most disgusting of all chores...I cleaned the refrigerator. 

So that is done...for now.

All is quiet, and settled for right now.

Maybe we'll get a few days!

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment