Friday, June 24, 2016

balance is good

Clare,

I pray for clarity for you too. I think we get glimpses of clarity…
pieces that make a little sense…
and then we put them together into a picture.
I think that's why leadings are so important…
we can't see the whole picture so we have to trust enough to take that next step.
I fond myself telling my older son time and time again…
"don't worry about the big goal, what's the next step"…
big goals paralyze him…
he has to focus on the present and maybe the next moment to be calm.

Isolation is one of the triad of trauma propagation…
silence, shame and isolation.
I often wonder if I'd be such an introvert if I didn't have a trauma history.
I am preparing my 3 hour lecture on stress and disease…
child abuse and neglect and the health consequences 3 - 5 decades later. I love preparing for this talk. I've added so much depth to it this time…
information from the trauma course I just finished.
I've subtracted some not so important ideas…
but will probably find a way to convey that information without the slides…
it's all important.
Isolation is a defense mechanism…
no one can leave or reject me if I'm not connected…
but strength and happiness lie within those true connections…
it takes courage to be happy.
It's ironic that the one thing we all want takes so much courage to attain.

I am alone right now…
it's heaven…
all is quiet and calm…
the animals are all napping…
the only sign of life is me typing away…
I love being alone.
I really do.
But, I love spending time with my family and friends…
I need a balance.
Balance is good.

So what do your european friends think of the UK's vote to exit the EU? Just curious of others' perspectives.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment