Sunday, June 12, 2016

exhausted…again

Clare,

It sounds like you are at a good spot…
time for weeding.
We ares till mulching. It is a never ending process here. I have to focus and get it finished this week. I took most of last week off because I had a 3 day headache…
neck and upper back strain from mulching.

We had our Quaker annual picnic today. It was great- many people who don't a regularly show up.
When I got home I heard a tree breaking from the car port…
I walked down into the lower yard and a large limb was broken and partially on the ground. Husband was further down in the yard emptying a wheelbarrow, but had been working under that limb just minutes before. All is well and we have more wood for our chiminea.

We had to negotiate the rules with our youngest this morning before they could leave for the island. He is strong willed, but can see logic when he's not stressed out. He seemed to be processing what we were saying and agreed on the rules for the week.
You asked if he has trouble in the winter- yes he does. I have been journaling since 2008 and there is a pattern, year ofter year, of struggling through the late winter and spring. He is generally ok until after the holidays and then it kicks in.

I am exhausted this evening. I did mulch and mow for 3 hours today, but I think this is allowing myself to feel tired after this past week. I hope I sleep well tonight.

My boss is in Orlando this week, at Disney. I don't have a specific schedule to follow, but am trying to get into the office early and home in the early afternoon. I may go back in late in the afternoon to check messages and email. It should be a good week.

The events in Orlando are unbelievable…
or unfortunately too believable.
What a sick, isolated world we live in.
What a world.

"Be the change you wish to see"…
what does that look like in this case?
love, forgiveness, wiping the memory clean, acceptance, vigilance, pacifism???
Where are we to turn?

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment