Saturday, June 18, 2016

quick post

Clare,

I hate waking early on a weekend when I could sleep…
but a part of me reminds myself to be glad for the extra time.
Unfortunately that part of me gets drowned out by my wishing for another 30 minutes.

We visited the young men's grandmother today. She was more conversive today…
she has had several strokes and today I realized she has an expressive aphasia…
difficulty finding the right words…
she talks around an idea until she either conveys the idea or finds the words she wants to use.
She talked about dropping out of high school in 11th grade because she was pregnant. That is the age that the older young man is now. I wonder if that registered with him. She spoke of their father and his love of "expensive sneakers". I've never met him, but wonder what he must be like. I've been told that he is somewhat intellectually disabled- it takes repetition of an idea for him to understand. I don't know if I want to meet him- but do believe that I am going to cross paths with him eventually. It will be interesting when it happens.

I am really tired today. It's 6 pm, beautiful weather and I want a nap…
Why?

My oldest and youngest are back from the beach. They are relaxed and in a good space. They got along well and there were no incidents between them during the week. I am thankful for that.

When is your walk? I hope it goes well for you.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment