Wednesday, June 1, 2016

lots and lots of love and light

Hi Love,

I read yesterday's entry and was ready to respond, and now I have your day today. Wow!  You have my sympathy, my love, my shoulder.

It seems your youngest is not ready to give up his status as the baby of the family.  Tantrums are so much cuter when they are two...

After yesterday's post, the thoughts that came to my mind are that this is a dance and we are not the choreographers. All we can do is dance our part.  It is not your place to be the perfect parent for your new son, or for the four you have been working on for years, either. You may not have the skills to bring them to a perfect adulthood. But you have the skills to show him, and his brother, and your bio-kids that love and commitment exist. You get to show them that we struggle for our whole lives, and though there are moments of perfection, mostly it is dirty and exhausting and exhilarating. We never stop experiencing, reaching out, analyzing, improving...

In the book, it seems the girl does learn to trust again.  So there is hope. There is hope for all of us.

I agree that you have to maintain rules for your youngest, or the new son may become confused about what the rules really are...and the rules have to be fair and consistent for both of them...Ain't parenting a hoot?

I truly wonder what is causing your youngest to panic. What is frightening him so much?  I am interested in the psychiatrist's insight. Would that be genetic?  What might cause it?

Keep me posted.

Sending lots and lots of love and light...

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment