Saturday, June 11, 2016

calm…after the storm

Hi Clare,

We saw the psychiatrist. She told us that she feels he has major depressive disorder- in the winter- which is seasonal affective disorder or recurrent depression depending upon the way you want to diagnose it. She also talked about his anxiety and impulsivity which also goes along with the depression of you want to make one, clean diagnosis.

He refused medications. He refused non pharmaceutical interventions at this point. He will reconsider in the fall if he feels he needs something.

The events kept unraveling in a whirling way until Friday afternoon when he literally broke his iPhone by bending it in half, cutting his palms. He became calm and compliant after that. I don't know if it was the destruction of something he valued or the cutting of his skin. He is back to hugging, saying he loves us, and talking with us….
actually conversing...
a total 180 shift.

His oldest sister saw that our NC house is open and she offered to take him down for 5 days. So they are going to a quiet space, just the 2 of them. They are off at 9 am tomorrow morning. I am feeling fairly guilty for sending him with his sister- like I'm ditching my responsibilities- but they both seem to be excited about it. Please hold them in the Light that this is a calming, unifying trip and not another challenge.

I'm sorry that I do not remember your previous post about your daughter. I have been incredibly distracted in life. I am happy for her. It is interesting, seeing her become a mother in her 30s.
She will be great. You will be a great support to her and the baby- what a lucky baby.

I had the younger young man here today. I told him that I really want to get to know him better. I suggested that we spend 1 hour together for every 1 hour of video games he plays. He was willing to try…
even offering to do more if I needed his help.
He helped me shop for groceries.
He helped me make corn chowder.
He played basketball with his older brother.
He helped husband work on a retaining wall for a garden.
He seemed happier than usual.
I think I've found an avenue in with this young one.
I've been asking his mother for guidance.

My garden is growing lettuce and herbs so far. My tomato plants are still small. I asked the young men to pick plants at the nursery and we chose decorative corn, watermelon, zucchini, tomatoes, and my herb garden.

I didn't get to the pond yesterday. I wanted my youngest to go along, he had different ideas.
I am trying to get there tomorrow afternoon. I've been asking for guidance and help through today…
asking to remain open to it. I really want it to come.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment