Tuesday, June 14, 2016

guidance and help

Clare,

I am in such a better space than last week…
Having a few days away from my youngest's anger has been a blessing.
According to his sister he is resting and at ease as well on the island….
no missed curfew…
no drugs…
no disrespect…
peaceful.
I'm not sure what switched on/off for him…
but I am thankful it did.

I am still stress eating…
I have to stop eating sugar and fat, but feel as if I need it…
stress…
PMS…
tough times…
a perfect storm!

Today I took my young man to the bank to open an account…
he got a haircut…
he paid a portion of a debt he owes…
and we met with his 'independent living' counselor…
the man was impressed by his responsibility and hard work.
He will be seeing him once a month or more.
My young man has a lot of support…
he has a mentor who takes him out once a week…
an independent living counselor…
his CYS worker…
his Nana and her family…
an us.
I think he's in a good space.

So, I still haven't gotten over to the pond. I wonder if I am avoiding it because I'm afraid of what I will experience. I have to go…
I'm so intrigued.
But, what if it's too much?
What if I cannot do what is asked?
Guidance and help…
ask for guidance and help…
that's the message…
just ask…
and remain open.
Guidance and help.

My second daughter is applying for Masters programs in education. She has found several jobs teaching theater in charter schools, but they require a teaching certificate and the only way to a certificate is through a MEd at this point. So next fall I will have 2 in grad school and one in culinary school…2 in high school…and eventually one last kiddo in middle school. Will it ever end?
Life is never dull…
or unchallenging.

I hope that you are well, and your granddaughter is too.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment