Wednesday, June 22, 2016

go ahead and laugh

Oh Maggie, my Cherokee friend from years ago would be so proud of the way you have taken to watching for animals guides and interpreting their messages.  I have only seen coyotes twice...maybe.

I wonder what would happen if you laughed. I wonder if it would free the boy(s) from the intense hold of their emotions...

For your new venture...it's too weird, but I thought of neutralizing the violations!

I listened to a TED talk while I cleaned last weekend.  The speaker was explaining emotional hygiene. He talked about a woman who had a first date after a bitter divorce and time alone. About 10 minutes after they began having coffe, the man said he was not interested and left. So the story went on that she called a friend who pointed out that this woman had big hips and nothing interesting to say...Except it wasn't a friend. This is what the woman said to herself.

I know that pattern, becuase I run it regularly.

The speaker then pointed out that if we cut our arm, we don't drive a knife into the wound and try to make it deeper and bloodier.  We know how to treat physical wounds. Why can't we do the same for emotional wounds.

He gave an example of emotional hygiene. He said when we cycle into rumination, it has been shown that distracting ourselves for two minutes will break the cycle. Every time the cycle starts, do something specific to distract yourself., He said he needed to use this and within a week he was seeing everything differently.

I wonder if it is possible to get a whole first aid kit of these techniques...

I have not been sleeping well. I don't know why. I get tired, I go to bed and read until I can't keep my eyes open. I turn off the light, and I am UP.

I'll try again tonight...


Hope all is well with you.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment