Wednesday, June 1, 2016

crazy day

Clare,

Crazy day today…
worse than usual.

My youngest is grounded…
I think I told you that before…
he becomes frantic when he is grounded…
looking for an escape.
I drove him to school today…
was yelled at and called names most of the 20 minutes drive.
I picked him up after school and he told me he wasn't intending to honor his grounding once he got home. I asked for his phone. He begrudgingly gave it up and then jumped out of the car at the next red light. I was unable to find him after that.

We had an appointment with a psychiatrist who is in the process of evaluating him…
and shared his recent antics.
She was calm, warm, and supportive. I like her. She reassured us that she had formed her own opinion of our youngest at their first meeting so our comments expanded her understanding. I didn't want her to think he was all negative. She made a few observations- like he doesn't use his frontal cortex when he's impulsive. She also made a comment about it seeming like there is a long-term neurologic component. I hadn't bought of that.

Anyway I asked for insight and parenting direction…
I feel as if what I'm doing isn't working well.
We go back again next week.

After we came home he appeared in the yard…
asking where his money was.
He had left $270 with me this morning which I put in a safe place because I sensed he would take it and probably get into trouble. Well, now he's really angry and gone again. I pray that he is ok.

I think that the timing of this is interesting…
our young man moves home tomorrow.
Husband and I think he's testing to see if we'll be easier on him in order to keep the peace in the house with a foster son here. But, we are in agreement that rules, and consequences, remain consistent…
even if it means a day or two of battle.

Hold us in the Light…
we can use all of the strength possible.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment