Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday morning

Hi Maggie,

I woke up in the middle of the night, looked at my clock and panicked when I realized I had not set the alarm. I turned it on, felt really relieved, then started trying to figure out what day it really is.  I finally decided it was Saturday, turned the alarm back off, and went back to sleep.  Then my old dog got me up at 4:50 so she could go out.  I used some of those expletive words, because usually I have to get up for work, then try to get her to go out before I start work.  Typically, she lays on the couch and looks at me, as I gesture convincingly, then she decides I am probably not going to give up. She groans and climbs down off the couch in absolutely slow motion.  And she goes out.

But on  Saturday life is different!

After they went out and came back in, I ran to my bedroom, outpacing the dogs, and shut my door, so no one could communicate any other problems. But I could not get back to sleep.

Sigh......

Your friend said to teach again. Then you had an offer to teach. Synchronicity. But don't ask me if you should. When I had a car, I said yes to everything. I think volunteering and getting involved and saying yes was my way of not sitting and thinking, and feeling, what was happening.

I had a friend who had advice about making decisions. She said flip a coin, then pay attention to your reaction.  That is how you will know where you are truly being led.

With your youngest, I like the advice. Do you think you have the courage to call the police?  It seems like a good idea, just to show him what he is doing is not acceptable. I always worry, though, because police involvement always makes every situation worse than it should be.  But I agree that the help of some authority figure might help him look at himself and notice where it is that he gets out of line.

Can you walk away from his escalating emotion?  I think he'll probably bring it to you...

Do I think you can do this? Absolutely!

Thank you for sponsoring me and my daughter and her daughter in the 5k tomorrow. Since the temps will be well into the 90s, I expect this to be a 5k stroll! Maybe we'll set the record for the slowest 5k ever!

Love and hugs, and do somehting fun this weekend.

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment