Monday, March 28, 2016

whirlwind

Claire,
The images are intense…
as are the emotions raised by them.
I wonder what they are telling you.
Is this a pre-verbal memory, or is it a sense of the disrespect we have for human beings- even the most innocent.
I wonder what it all means.
I've had vivid dreams with sexual images of babies- one of our brothers licking my son's penis, when asked why he would do that he replied, "dad did it?!?". Like it was a tradition. I've never really understood what that was telling me. But, I've never trusted my kids with our family members. I didn't trust them with husband's family either. It's a tough place to be. Isolated. No one to turn to for help. No one trusted enough to open up to. It isn't a good space to be in.

The weekend was nice. The older of the young men has begun calling our house 'home'. It is a nice thing, a welcome change. The younger is still tentative, spending most of his time in the basement, away from the rest of us. I am trying to invite him to join in without insisting. He laughs at dinner when everyone is sharing stories. The older one complained of being bored this week. I think that's a good sign, he's comfortable enough to relax and realize there's free time. I hiked on Thursday, took them to a movie on Friday, hiked Saturday, and they went to church with husband on Sunday so I find it hard to believe they are really bored. They just don't know how to structure their time here. It will come with time.

Husband goes out of town tomorrow, for a family funeral. I am traveling on Sunday - Tuesday for a conference. I think it's going to be a whirlwind of a week. Interestingly enough we have very high winds right now- I'm watching the trees sway and bend in the wind. I love wind…very powerful.

All for now.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment