Wednesday, March 30, 2016

jumbled

My dear -

Everyone is getting sick.  My youngest granddaughter is extremely congested. She could not sleep last night, and slept upright in my lap this afternoon.  Mama worked a half day. She didn't want to take her girl to my friend who watches her in the morning. So she waited and brought her to me as I finished work.

I put her in a steamy shower, and sat and read a book for as long as she would stay in there. And I held her as she napped. Time moves differently when holding a sleeping baby.  It sort of dissolves...

I appreciated your comments about sugar. S#3 also commented that she got into the Easter candy and had an explosive reaction - had to race to the bathroom.  I didn't buy any candy this year, and I ate very little.  I am not doing too bad with avoiding sugar.  But I'm not really dropping weight either.  I am working on convincing myself I am beautiful... 

Someone encouraged me to watch Avatar, the movie from about 5 years ago.  The bad Earthlings are their to rape yet another planet.  They see the indigenous as ignorant animals - of course.  That is the only way we can be at peace wiping out another race.  But the people have connections to the land.

I thought about us.  We have similar connections if you go deeper than religion and nationality, and slower than cars and microwaves.

And in the movie, the trees were the center of the ancient wisdom - the keepers.  Just like they are here.

I have always said that violence is never the way to peace.  In this movie, the Earthlings are using violence, and I have not been able to consider a way to avoid fighting back.  I am wondering if we need an audience in order to be humane. I am wondering if this is why it is so easy to ignore what we are doing with drones every day...why it is so easy to not know that we bombed Iraq every day during the Clinton administration.

Lots of other jumbled thoughts...maybe I'll get them straightened out by the tomorrow...or the next day!!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment