Wednesday, March 16, 2016

I need motivation

Clare,

Don't forget to exhale…
inspiration stimulates our fight or flight response…
expiration stimulates parasympathetic…
the balance is important.
You can use this to your benefit too…
if you want to be more alert make your inhalations longer than exhalations.
If you want to relax make the exhalations longer and you'll feel the shift downward.
It's a powerful tool.

One of my moments of clarity years ago was realizing that the Divine was a living, breathing entity.
The inspiration pulls us deep into a rich environment of inspiration- in spiritus
The expiration sends us out into the world for service and challenges.
When we most need to be replenished we go back to the center for more nurturance.
I love this image.
I sometimes pray- "I think I've been out too long, Could you inspire me in the near future?"
It's a good visual for me.

My youngest is struggling still with rapid up and down with his mood. He has been irresponsible with curfews since getting his license. So I grounded him last night. Today he exploded when I said "No" to going out before work. After his "rapid expenditure of negative energy"he broke down and shared his isolation and sense of darkness. I want him to talk. I want him to make some positive changes in his life- diet, sleep, exercise, stay away from violent TV. He sees no way forward. I assure him that small changes do make a difference.
Who am I to preach though? For the past several weeks I've been eating like hell, poor sleep, not enough water each day, even avoiding my daily walks. I can feel a few pounds on my belly and my energy dwindling. I've got to motivate me to take care of me. Then maybe I'll have the energy to help him.

The idea of traveling sounds great. I'd love to go to a quiet place and just relax for a few days. My biggest problem is that preparation for vacations leaves me tired and exhausted- so it is "catch up" instead of "get ahead" when I get anywhere.
I honestly think my best vacation was to Paris because I only had husband to arrange activities with. I also had the attitude that it was my vacation that he asked to join me on, so I took charge of my plans and he tagged along. I made it very clear that there would be minimal pre-planning done (he usually has a full itinerary) and each day would flow from one thing to the next. It was pretty sweet.

When we go to the island each of us generally has all day to do whatever and then we try to do dinner as a group. That works pretty well, but it's also very flexible. The island has become so familiar that people come and go, much like home. My older son is in Florida this week with his girlfriend. They are on one of the key islands. He sent me a picture of a sign that said, "Hawks Cay, Tranquility Area Ahead, Must be 21 or older, maturity optional". Maybe we go go to a tranquility spot!

Love and Light beautiful sister,
It's almost SPRING,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment