Monday, March 21, 2016

The sacred yes!

Hi Maggie,

Not much happening at night these days. I am tired.  But there is a lunar eclipse this Wednesday. And I think eclipsey things are happening!

I have mentioned a few times that my New Year's resolution this year is to say yes.  My daughter-in-law made two powerful statements to me today. One is to remember to say yes to what I want, not what other's want. The other is that she introduced me to the sacred yes, the yes that you feel in your heart and soul.

This seems potent for this year, and for this lifetime. What is the sacred yes?  How can I tell when I am facing/sensing/encountering a sacred yes?

I have been saying yes this year.  And I have been having more adventures and more fun. I am having more fun.

S#3 had a biopsy today. She had something in her breast that was not there six months ago. Results will be in on Thursday. I feel like part of me is calm, and sure it is benign. But another part is sort of not breathing...waiting in suspended animation.

We need a boob celebration.  We need boobalicious cakes and boobie prizes and knocker awards.  We need to decorate and celebrate and admire. 

We need to find a way to love our bodies, to glory in the sensuality of having been able to bear life and suckle young, to walk barefoot and go skinny dipping and to make love to a beautiful man.  Instead we bear our pain and illness and we wear the scars of abuse and neglect and years of No...not now.  When maybe joyful abandon is the remedy...ecstatic love of self. Yes!

Unfortunately, I don't know how to let go and do that...

But somehow, yes is the starting point.  And scared yes is an even better place to begin...

I do love you, Sister!

And with hugs too from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment