Monday, March 14, 2016

every hair

Clare,

I just deleted my post…
I hit the wrong button.
It was not a very thought provoking post anyway…

I had a busy day…
students are back on campus…
classes resumed…
no one was thrilled to be back…
the weather was grey, wet, and raw.
I miss the spring weather we had last week.
It's amazing how quickly we are spoiled by nice things.
I think we are creatures of habit…
especially pleasurable habits…
although people do terrible things to themselves habitually and resist giving it up.
we find comfort in discomfort.
Familiar bad is better than the unknown-possibly better.

Anyway…
I am struggling with this time change. I don't understand how shifting one hour has such a powerful influence on my body, but it does.
My mind is blank…
I'm tired in the afternoon…
I can't fall asleep at bedtime…
I don't understand the need to this shift.

I was talking with my new boss today. We were talking about the balance between mysticism and activism as a driving force in spirituality. It is so nice to work with someone who thinks broadly- inclusively. I enjoy her insights and wisdom.
She is a very unstressed person…
she is intense in the moment of consideration…
but can walk away from it and not worry.
A lesson I would like to learn.
She told me that by January she wants us to switch jobs…
her directing projects and me as the executive director.
I think I will be ready by then, especially if she is still on board as a consultant.
I am excited to move ahead.

I am blank minded tonight.
I am holding onto part of a conversation from earlier- the divine knows every hair on our heads…
it's a powerful thought.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment