Saturday, March 26, 2016

Happy Spring

Clare,

I'm glad you had a gathering for your children and their families…
it is a great way to celebrate spring and life.
I celebrated with some friends this morning at yoga class. Last week we brainstormed having an easter egg hunt with crystals. The yoga instructor went to the crystals store and purchased a variety of stones and put them into plastic eggs. Her husband come in during yoga and hid the eggs. The idea was that you would find the crystals that you really needed. I got fluorite, moss apatite, beryl, moonstones, calcitate, and something else. It was great fun. Then we feasted.
One of the women's husband called and told her that the Jehovah Witness people had just visited their home. He told them to come back next week because his wife was celebrating the solstice at the yoga studio searching for crystals. It was pretty funny.

I am also having trouble understanding the Easter message. I remember singing 4 masses during Holy Week and Easter when I was Catholic. I was so moved by the whole story of death and resurrection, considering it a special story- once in history occurrence. Now, I believe we all die and resurrect. We reincarnate, agree to lessons for the next lifetime, lessons we teach and learn.

The younger of the young men asked me on Friday to tell him about Good Friday. I had trouble articulating the story and not putting my bias into the story. It is hard to tell it as truth now. I find it to be more of a story…less than truth, but bigger than literal truth as well. How do you explain such a violent, personal attack and still have it mean something that isn't fear based? I was going to watch The Passion…and couldn't make myself pop it in.

I feel kind of un-religious…
which is weird at this time of the year...
But it is amazingly free to not cling to the stories' guilt and fear.

Anyway…we have a brunch prior to Meeting tomorrow and then an egg hunt after. My kids will gather, with the exception of daughter #2 who is spending the day with her boyfriend's family. She is being swept up in his family, I hope she maintains a sense of her own priorities and self. It took my oldest a while to assert herself with her boyfriend's family.
Both young men will be with us tomorrow for Easter. I'm cooking a big dinner and hoping to have a fun day with everyone.

I hope you have a blessed day…and Spring.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment