Thursday, March 17, 2016

a few insights

Clare,

Spring is trying to spring forth…
but we have a prediction for 1 - 3 inches of snow on Sunday…
Winter is tenacious…
even if it was a mild one.

Thanks for the insight about my son. I sat with that situation last evening and came up with several insights…
First, I am channeling his emotional roller coaster…
not that I'm reacting to his rage overtly…
but I am feeling his lows…
deep within myself.
I am sensing his depression at my core.
I think that's why I am so stuck right now.
I want to help him and I'm being sucked under…
I'm tearing up- so I must be on to something.
If I can make myself less empathic and more supportive this may be an easier process

Second, emotional upheaval is a normal teenaged experience. I cannot lose perspective that this is a serious growth opportunity for my son and trying to make it easier is probably not the correct response. He has to find happiness and contentment inside- not search in others or in substances. He has to understand the power of love and the heartbreak that goes along with that. No matter how great a relationship is there will be moments of heartbreak…
and blessed moments of healing.

Third, we all have the power to change our perspective.
Even when we feel hopelessly stuck there are options…
the best way to find those options is to shine the light into those dark corners that scare the hell out of us.
Light chases away dark and relieves fear.
We need more Light in this world…
and in this country.
We need more Light.

Did you see that Rex Ambler is at the summer FGC conference this summer?

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment