Saturday, March 26, 2016

Easter

Hi Maggie,

Happy Easter weekend.  I have a decidedly unChristian worldview, and so am a little confused about what I am celebrating - much like Christmas, but...I have begun spring cleaning. I started moving furniture, because it is the best way to really clean.  It feels like birthing - like I can't help it. So that is what we are celebrating, rebirth.

My daffodils are almost open.

We had a family celebration today. It was so nice to be surrounded by family. All of my local kids and their families were together for the afternoon. And of course, I miss the westerners most when their absence is so huge. 

My neighbor wants to sell her house and my oldest is considering it...Change is in the air.

My little one is becoming addicted to going for walks.  We went back down to the sheltered place of hemlocks and I thrilled her by pretending I was a tree.  I had my arms reached as far up as possible, reaching for the wind and moving with it. She loved it.

I was listening to the sound the wind makes in the trees. Or maybe the two make the sounds together.  I tried to imitate the sound. Then I wondered, from the tree's or the wind's perspective, what sound do I make. I asked myself, and I heard screaming from my yellow chakra.  So while I was pretending to be a tree, I tried to change that to something pretty and melodic - kind of like chanting.

Tomorrow we will go to meeting with my grandson and his sister's other grandmother. This will be her first Quaker experience.I understand that she was raised Baptist.  She is very open and relaxed, but I still wonder what she will think!

I hope you are having a fun weekend.

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment